Monday, November 25, 2013

Prayer For the Holidays
Kelly just finished Elijah House 201.  At the graduation, she read this and I asked her for a copy and permision to post it.  Hope it encourages someone.

Sanctuary
I have been having difficulty sleeping for awhile now. I am not sure if it is the pain that seems to be getting worse and worse in my body or if it is the constant battle going on in my mind. My thoughts break against the shore of my heart and mind, over and over again. All that I should have done yesterday, all that I didn’t do good enough today or all that I need to do tomorrow. The waves always coming, flooding my mind, and there is no rest. As I lay there this night, trying and trying to shut it all off, I finally cried out, “Sanctuary, Lord, Sanctuary!” I needed to take refuge in my Strong Tower, I needed peace and He is the only place in which there is any. As soon as the words left my lips, every wave was calmed, all the noise and chaos around my heart and mind was silenced. I entered into His peace, and there I slept through the night. I felt like one who was running tirelessly from the world, someone who was being chased down and hunted, who entered into that safe place and cried out “Sanctuary”. The pursuers had to leave, no longer able to find me, and I could finally rest in His arms. Oh the peace I found in that secret place, a peace that I will carry with me forever. I hope today, no matter what you may be running from, whether it is a person or your very own thoughts, expectations or fears, that you will cry out, “Sanctuary!”, because as soon as you do, you will know the peace that only He can give to your soul.

Kelly Ann Purdy
November 21, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment